BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, February 19, 2009



~*~ The Serenity Prayer ~*~

"We broke up."

Her hand froze in mid-air, her eyes fixed on his face. Shock was an understatement.

"Excuse me for being stupid but can you please repeat what you have just said?" Her eyes were wide in disbelief.

He gave out a humorless laugh.

"Stop laughing idiot! Am not buying this bull crap."

He hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"She broke up with me this morning. I see this coming even before the relationship started, this is something inevitable. Her family does not approve of me you see, they said that I'm not good enough for their daughter. They want her to be with someone of the same race." He chuckled.

She felt him tremble as he buried his face on her hair. She hugged him back, tight enough to let him know that she's here, that she'll stay by his side.

"How could she let go of you so easily? Why didn't she fought for you? I thought she loved you? She's a coward! No! She's a liar. A pathetic excuse for a human being, she's a monster for doing these to you. I hate her. I hate her and her stupid family... they can all go to hell! Race be damned! We are all the same person underneath it all. Race doesn't define us!" She said in controlled anger.

He held her tighter and hummed gently, as if trying to appease her... more so, he was trying to control his emotions, trying to calm himself down.

"Cultural differences is one of the many things that breaks a relationship. Chiquita, life isn't a fairytale nor a bed of roses. This is not some soap opera that you see on TV whereas, the lead couple will do anything to keep their love alive even if they face death and the likes. Sometimes, you just have to let go, it's hard but you must... for that person to be happy... to see her smiling. And with these reason, I'll move forward, I'll let her go. I love her. I really love her and because of this love I must respect her decision..."

She was about to say something when she heard him sob.

"... but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. It hurts like hell. I'll let go. I'll move on. I'll live through this, it's not the end of the world. There are a lot of girls out there. I won't cry over a spilled milk."

"But you are crying stupid!" She said in controlled sobs. This is the first time she saw him like these. So lost, so fragile.

"Indeed." He replied.

"You can cry loads you know, I won't stop you. I'll cry along with you. The hardest part of moving on is... letting go. I wish happiness would fall on top of everybody, so that no has to be lonely... so no one would cry and be sad. I wish I have the power to make everything ohkeis, I wish i could take all the pain away. I wanna see you smile again... the way you always do. You have been my personal candle when I was in the dark. I wish I could be the same for you. I wanna return the favor." She said in a barest whisper but enough for him to hear.

"Nah, having you around will drive me crazy and besides I don't want a gloomy little creature hanging around with me and asking me every minute if I wanna cry or If I'm ohkeis. I'll be fine on my own." He said in mild amusement.

"I'm not gloomy!" She retorted and punched his side.

"You're supposed to make me feel better you know." He said, feigning hurt.

"I'm sorry but you're being really stupid and annoying!" She replied back.

He smiled at her and looked up to the heavens and recited her favorite prayer.

"For every ailment under the sun, there is a remedy or there is none, if there is one may we find it, if there is none never mind it. God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change. The courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference."

"Amen." They said in unison.

0 comments: